A couple of pgsql questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jack V Chung
Subject A couple of pgsql questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I want to apologize in advance if I sent this to the wrong mailing list.

I'm was trying out the example functions using TCL, but for function
was not created.  Here's the error:

db=# CREATE FUNCTION tcl_max (int4, int4) RETURNS int4 AS '
    if {$1 > $2} {return $1}
    return $2
' LANGUAGE 'pltcl';
db'# physionetdb'# physionetdb'# ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in
    a CREATE FUNCTION: 'pltcl'.  Recognized languages are sql, C, internal
    and the created procedural languages.

Here is my current version:

db=# select version();
                               version
 PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66

I used the RPM to installed all the files including
postgresql-tk-7.0.2-2.i386.rp and postgresql-tcl-7.0.2-2.i386.rpm

Can someone assist me?

Another question, can someone point me to documentation that explains how
to wrap a few insert statments in a transaction?

thanks a lot
jack