Re: int8 vs text in odbc link - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: int8 vs text in odbc link
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks to everyone who responded.  I created a table
with int4 fields; and they appear as long integers in
MS Access.

After a review of the data fields, I've decided I
don't need int8 fields.  Last night I dumped the
schema of the database, changed int8 fields to int4;
and moved the data to new tables.  The process was not
nearly as painful as I thought it would be.  I'm
currently creating unique indexes.  At various points,
I used pg_dump, a line of perl (thanks again,
Dominic), psql -c, copy, and \i.  All-in-all, it
turned out to be a good exercise for this newbie.
Although, my brain is still a little tired.

Thanks again,

Andrew Gould