Re: cache lookup failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henk van Lingen
Subject Re: cache lookup failed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 09:17:36AM +0200, Fabrice Pollet wrote:
  : After create function and trigger, when I update "fams" by delete entry in
  : table "indi" I get this message :
  :
  : ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 19968: cache lookup failed

  Hi,

  I recently struggled with the same error message and found out
  that it occured when you define a trigger which uses a function,
  drop the function and redefine it. The trigger in that case still
  points to some undefined space...

  I'm not sure whether I call this a bug or whether this is normal
  behaviour in RDBMS's. I would expect these pointers to be based on
  names but maybe thats not possible ?

  Regards

| Henk van Lingen, Systems Administrator,             <henkvl@cs.uu.nl> |
| Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.  phone: +31-30-2535278 |