Re: R: PostgreSQL book - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: R: PostgreSQL book
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have to admit that I've never been spammed by amazon at all. So far (and
> now I say it it will change :-( ) I don't get that much spam anyhow.
>
> > If nothing else, Amazon and BN both over large pools of reader reviews that
> > I usually scan before buying any book. Why not be informed, even slightly?
>
> It's always wise to check the reviews. I've saved a lot of money by not
> buying books based on them. One that comes to mind was where the author
> himself slated his own book...

Way off topic, but as far as spamming, it seems to me that user or
domain blocking should be part of all mail readers.  I know procmail has
it, but those many people with POP accounts should have a way to block
things.  Ideally, sendmail would have an interface so
recipient/user/domain combinations could be blocked at the SMTP level,
so the mail never even is accepted.

I administer my own e-mail domain, so I have a spam file that I maintain
to block incoming mail.