INSERT doesn't like (.) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs
From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject INSERT doesn't like (.)
Date
Re: INSERT doesn't like (
.)
List pgsql-bugs
Adam Levine (adam_l_levine@hotmail.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
INSERT doesn't like  (<table>.<column>)

Long Description
I'm using Dynamo connected to Postgres.  The PreparedStatement generated for an INSERT works on other dbs, but Postgres
complainswith a parsing error.
 specifically:

it will, however, accept:

I tested against SQL-Anywhere, just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, and it takes either form.

This is using postgres 7.0.2.
----
output from postgres:

Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

goe=> create table test (col1 varchar(20), col2 varchar(20));
CREATE
goe=> insert into test (test.col1, test.col2) VALUES ('test1', 'test2');
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "."
goe=>

Sample Code
create table test (col1 varchar(20), col2 varchar(20));

insert into test (test.col1, test.col2) VALUES ('test1', 'test2');

No file was uploaded with this report