executing user-defined functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller)
Subject executing user-defined functions
Date
Re: executing user-defined functions  (Jan Wieck <janwieck@Yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I was wondering if PostgreSQL protects itself when executing user-defined
functions? Or does it go under the assumption that all user-defined functions
will NOT crash (if they do you have a serious problem and need to fix the
function)?

We are building an app where we want 3rd parties to be able to give us their
data, and give us functions to check their data. We will insert the data into
our database and run their functions when needed. However we don't want their
functions to take down our system.

Is this possible with PostgreSQL?

Wade Oberpriller
StorageTek