Solaris configure problems. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Keith Parks
Subject Solaris configure problems.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

There seems to be a problem in the configure script for solaris.
(Recent CVS copy)
 ./configure <snip> checking for POSIX signal interface... (cached) yes ./configure: syntax error at line 6907: `;'
unexpected

A "for" construct, traced back to config/tcl.m4, is upsetting
the shell interpreter.

The construct..
   for pgac_dir; do       if test -r "$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh"; then           TCL_CONFIG_SH=$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh
    break       fi   done

fails, but..
   for pgac_dir   do       if test -r "$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh"; then           TCL_CONFIG_SH=$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh
     break       fi   done

is OK.

I think either should be OK, indeed bash is happy with both.

Perhaps we could change to the latter to keep Solaris happy?

BTW: On the latest CVS, a couple of the changed regression tests
fail because the solaris specific "expected" files don't match
the new results. Do you want me to supply diffs to bring them
upto date?

Thanks,
Keith.