Problem with initdb - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bo Dahlstrom
Subject Problem with initdb
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

I have installed Postgressql on my Win2000 computer. I used the howto by
Kevin Lo at http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
When I reached 15 in the final part I got a problem.

bash-2.02$ initdb
: not found
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: 34: Syntax error: Bad fd number
bash-2.02$ ini

I'm not sure what this error mean but I someone in the past said
it was due to problems with the username. I'm logged in as 'posgres'
under Win2000 and the following can be found in cygwin:

bash-2.02$ whoami
posgres
bash-2.02$ echo $USERNAME
posgres
bash-2.02$ less /etc/passwd
Administrator::500:513:::/bin/sh
bosse::1003:513:::/bin/sh
Guest::501:513:::/bin/sh
IUSR_REDDEVIL::1001:513:Internet Guest Account::/bin/sh
IWAM_REDDEVIL::1002:513:Launch IIS Process Account::/bin/sh
posgres::1005:513:posgres::/bin/sh
postgres::1004:513:postgres::/bin/sh
TsInternetUser::1000:513:TsInternetUser::/bin/sh
bash-2.02$

Can anyone solve my problem?

/ Bosse

=      Bo Dahlstr�m                                                           =
=      K�rhusv�gen 5:206      email:  bosse@ludd.luth.se                      =
=      977 54 Lule�           URL:    http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/bosse     =
=      Sweden                 phone:  +46 (0)920 222220                       =