Re: Can the the max identifier lengths be adjusted? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller)
Subject Re: Can the the max identifier lengths be adjusted?
Date
List pgsql-general
I've set NAMEDATALEN to 64 and 48, and the compile executed successfully, but
when I perform an initdb, I got the following:

truck{oberpwd}385 > initdb -D /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data
This database system will be initialized with username "oberpwd".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating database system directory /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data
Creating database system directory /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data/base
Creating database XLOG directory /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data/base/template1
Creating global relations in /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data/base
Adding template1 database to pg_database
Segmentation Fault

initdb failed.
Removing /home/anubis22/oberpwd/pgsql/data.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.25367.

I re-compiled with NAMEDATALEN set back to 32 and it works fine. It seems that
there is code dependent on this length, and it can't be adjusted simply by
changing this macro.

Any ideas?

Wade Oberpriller
StorageTek