Re: Patch for JDBC driver not returning correct # of records deleted - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Patch for JDBC driver not returning correct # of records deleted
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I had a problem with the JDBC driver (in 7.0.2) always returning 1 as
> the row count for deletes (whether the actual delete affected 0 or more
> rows).  In looking through the source this appears to be a simple one
> line code fix.
>
> Change line 370 in src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/Connection.java
> v1.1 from:
>                                 if(recv_status.startsWith("INSERT") ||
> recv_status.startsWith("UPDATE")) {
> to:
>                                 if(recv_status.startsWith("INSERT") ||
> recv_status.startsWith("UPDATE") || recv_status.startsWith("DELETE")) {
>
> thanks,
> --Barry

If I look at the code in the current CVS tree, I see a test only for
INSERT, and not INSERT and UPDATE.  Can you supply a context diff that I
can apply?  That would help me be sure I am changing the right lines.
Thanks.