Really bad/weird stuff with views over tables in 7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Really bad/weird stuff with views over tables in 7.0.2
Date
Re: Really bad/weird stuff with views over tables in 7.0.2
List pgsql-hackers
There's two problems here that kept me up all night hacking
in order to keep my system from crashing an burning so bear with
me if you can.

If you define a table and then create a select query rule over it
then drop the rule the table will be gone.

Another related problem is that let's say you have done this and
the table you've "hidden" with a view is rather large and has
indexes then postgresql will seriously choke on trying to
vacuum and/or vacuum analyze the table which is really a view!

thanks,