Re: Backend-internal SPI operations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Jan Wieck writes:
>
> >     Hmmm, don't know what you mean with that.
>
> If I define a view
>
> CREATE my_view AS SELECT a, b, c FROM my_table;
>
> and then do
>
> SELECT * FROM my_view;
>
> then it becomes
>
> SELECT * FROM (SELECT a, b, c FROM my_table);
>
> which would presumably be possible with the new query-tree.
   Hmm  -  too  simple  - real life is harder. So to what do you   expand the query
       SELECT a, c, d FROM my_view, other_table           WHERE my_view.a = other_table.a           AND other_table.x =
'foo';
   And then have a little more complex "my_view", maybe  a  join   with it's own WHERE clause.

Jan