Re: Re: Argument variables for select - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Webb Sprague
Subject Re: Re: Argument variables for select
Date
List pgsql-sql
I think you have to run  "createlang pltcl db-foo"
from the command line.

As for your boss, here are three things I can think of
off the top of my head:

1.  All new products take some time to learn.  If you
can't use Postgres perfectly in a week or so, remember
that you probably can't learn to be an Oracle or
MS-SQL DBA in a week or so either.

2.  Postgres is FREE.  NO MONEY.

3.  Postgres integrates very easily into a Unix
environment.

4.  Proprietary software is going the way of the
Do-Do.

Well that's four.  At my job, we are building a
database in Postgres to replace an MS-SQL thing.  My
version takes 12 hours to upload a months worth of
data.  You think that is bad--the SQL Server took 15
DAYS.

Good luck, and sorry for the rant.