Re: Simple question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Cantrell
Subject Re: Simple question
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 09:04:04AM -0700, Fredrick Bartlett wrote:

> Using psql,  why do I get the following error???
>
> socaldata=# insert into test_tbl (FIELD1, FIELD2, FIELD3)
> socaldata-# values('a','bb','ccc');
> INSERT 18860 1
> socaldata=# select * from test_tbl;
> sh: less: command not found          <<< why this error???

Looks like psql is trying to use 'less' for paging the results from your
select and can't find it.  Solutions are:
  download and install 'less' on your machine
  create a 'less' symlink to 'more'
The second one will help you immediately, the first is better.

--
David Cantrell | david@cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

      I'm working on the assumption that chicks dig mad scientists