Re: Creating a DB for another user (or...) (repost attempt) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew Rice
Subject Re: Creating a DB for another user (or...) (repost attempt)
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Is there a way to either assign superuser priviledges/ownership
> > to that user or to create the database for him?
>
> alter user "name" createdb;

Are you certain?  From the 6.5 docs it says that this will:

    Give a user the ability to create new databases

Are you saying that I temporarily let the user create dbs, create the
db and the remove the ability to create dbs?

BTW, this isn't a system user so how would he run createdb?

Regards,
--
matthew rice <matt@starnix.com>                               starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux                        thornhill, ontario, canada