rebuilding a table from a datafile - Mailing list pgsql-general

From brianb-pggeneral@edsamail.com
Subject rebuilding a table from a datafile
Date
Re: rebuilding a table from a datafile  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
This is with regards to Postgres 6.5.

While trying to ALTER RENAME a large table (203MB data file), an error
occured. \d displays the new table name, but there is no corresponding
file.  a file with the original table name still exists, so presumably the
data is not lost. Is it possible for me to undo the RENAME by massaging the
pg_* tables, or otherwise retrieve the data in the table? It was an
insert-only table, and no deletes or updates were ever performed on it.

Brian
--
Brian Baquiran <brianb@edsamail.com>
http://www.baquiran.com/  AIM: bbaquiran

I'm smarter than average. Therefore, average, to me, seems kind of stupid.
People weren't purposely being stupid. It just came naturally.
                              -- Bruce "Tog" Toganazzini