Re: Migration - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: Migration
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 04:22:00PM +0100, Christian Herbert wrote:
> We are not looking to migrate to Oracle immediately... but the request is to
> keep the option open for future migration.

Fair enough. That's how I convinced my team to using postgresql for our
project: use postgresql for development, and move to Oracle if needed
for scale up.

In that light, the trick is to stick with bog standard SQL: use no
special features of pgsql. Or if you do, make sure they're either Oracle
compatability features, or that there is a simple Oracle replacement.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer