Re: foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Radoslaw Stachowiak
Subject Re: foreign keys
Date
Re: foreign keys  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-general
*** Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [Saturday, 05.August.2000, 19:39 -0400]:
> > Not to mentions fact that in a few places in docs it's shown as a method
> > for copying table "SELECT... INTO" which does not "take" keys with it
> > leading to database knwoledge loss.
>
> That is a good point.  SELECT INTO doesn't support constraints.
> Unfortunately, I don't really know a way around that.  The only solution
> is CREATE TABLE and then INSERT INTO ... SELECT.
[.rs.]

what about my other statement about third constraint not being transferred
withh pg_dump -t table because it was "connected" to second database? Am I right?

What is correct (mean: most simple) way of dupicating table with all FK ?

--
radoslaw.stachowiak.........................................http://alter.pl/