Re: Database authentication and configuration - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rodger Donaldson
Subject Re: Database authentication and configuration
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:01:46PM +1000, Carolyn Lu Wong wrote:

> Are there anywhere to configure so that whenever I call 'psql dbname',
> it'll always prompt for user authentication instead of getting into the
> database directly?

Take a look at the configuration of your pg_hba.conf file.  You will most
likely find that you're set up to trust local users.  You can force
authentication by changing this to password, crypt, or kerberos based
authentication.

--
Rodger Donaldson        rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz
"Forgive us if we bite your head off; we were led to assume you weren't