PgAccess diagrams (was: Re: Just committed some changes...) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject PgAccess diagrams (was: Re: Just committed some changes...)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 04:14:28PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> Define SCHEMA keyword, along with stubbed-out grammar.

I was just digging into pgaccess a little, cleaning up the
diagramming feature I had added. In a fit of naivete, I had
called them "schema", as in the logical idea, not the
SQL key word. Since we're going to be implementing SQL SCHEMA,
eventually, perhaps this would be a good time to rename this
feature in pgaccess.

How does "Diagrams" sound? Anyone have a better idea? The name appears
on a tab. The other tabs are labelled:

Tables, Queries, Views, Sequences, Functions, Reports, Forms, Scripts,
Users, ????.

Keep in mind, I have been thinking about connecting the schema diagrammer
into the visual query builder, so that you can set a 'strict' mode,
where it'll only allow joins that have been defined in the schema
editor. That's why I named it schema, in the first place.  It'd be nice to
have the diagramming interact with primary key/foreign key constraints,
optionally drawing them in automatically. However, all it does right
now is draw tables and let you draw links between them, by dragging and
dropping fieldnames.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer