psql and Gnu readline - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erich
Subject psql and Gnu readline
Date
List pgsql-general
I've just installed PostgreSQL 7.02 on my OpenBSD box.  Everything is
working fine.  I made sure to link in gnu readline in psql.  It seems
to be working, because I can edit a line.  For instance, Ctl-A takes
me to the beginning of a line, Ctl-K kills it, etc.  However, Ctl-P
doesn't go up a line, so I can't access previous lines, and lines are
not saved in the .psql_history file which is mentioned on the man
page.

Any idea what to do?  Line editing is so handy to have in something
like this.

Thanks,