Re: 2nd update on TOAST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 2nd update on TOAST
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck) writes:
> >     size to initdb and the problems started. I can create a table
> >     with  500+  attributes.  Also  I can create a view on it (the
> >     rules size is 170K - whow). Anything works pretty well,  just
> >     a pg_dump output is garbage.
>
> Are you using current sources?  Bruce committed Philip Warner's
> pg_dump rewrite a day or so ago (which I thought was way premature,
> but anyway...).  Just want to know which pg_dump we're talking about.

I committed pg_dump so people could see his changes and start making
additions.  I can then have him supply incremental patches.  Keeping
stuff out of the tree usually causes the author to get frustrated.

Of course, if it comes in too quickly, it can cause chaos if he needs to
make major changes.

Pennsylvania19026