Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Problem with recv syscall on socket when other side closed connection - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Problem with recv syscall on socket when other side closed connection
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello!

> As I recall, the original complaint was precisely that Linux discards
> the server->client data instead of allowing the client to read it.  This
> was on a single machine, so there's no issue of whether it got lost in
> the network.

I am sorry. I have already said: it is not truth.

Original reporter (Denis) blamed particularly on the fact,
that Linux allows to read all queued data until EOF.
Try yourself, if you do not believe.

Unfortunately, I deleted that his mail, but you can find it
in mail archives I think, it was to netdev or to linux-kernel.

Alexey