Re[2]: Restricting queries by the presence of a WHERE clause - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Morton
Subject Re[2]: Restricting queries by the presence of a WHERE clause
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:32:11 -0500 (EST) you wrote:

 > Wouldn't it be possible to create a trigger and check for the where clause
 > there?

First of all, I've got no idea how to check a where clause inside a
trigger, which was the main reason I asked :-) I've only every built
trigger functions in PL/tcl. Guess I should have a look at the C API.

Secondly, there is no way to make a trigger for a select query (in 6.5,
anyway), and blocking selects is the most important thing I need to do.

John