plpgsql function gets wierd with Null parameters - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Skeets and Kim Norquist
Subject plpgsql function gets wierd with Null parameters
Date
List pgsql-sql
When I call the following plpgsql function with the last two parameters
as Null, the first parameter loses it's value:   ma=> select createFund('fred', null, null);    createfund
------------     (1 row)

However it works fine when I give values to the last two params:   ma=> select createFund('fred', 'joe', 5);
createfund  ------------    fred   (1 row)

Here's the function (I've hacked it so that it just returns the first
parameter):   create function createFund(varchar, varchar, int) returns text as '   DECLARE           fundname
ALIASFOR $1;           fundsymbol      ALIAS FOR $2;           fundcusip       ALIAS FOR $3;           existing
varchar(100);          fundid          int;           rec                     RECORD;           retval          text;
       datecount       smallint;   BEGIN           RETURN fundname;           ...   END;   ' language 'plpgsql';

Any ideas?

-Skeets Norquist
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.