Encrypted database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erich
Subject Encrypted database?
Date
List pgsql-general
As part of an all-around security upgrade, I would like to secure the
data in my PostgreSQL db.  The threat I am concerned about is theft of
the server machine.  To protect the data in case the machine is
stolen, the best thing to do would be to keep the data encrypted on
the disk.

Is there a way to do this with PostgreSQL?  Or should I try to do the
encryption at the filesystem level?  The other alternative is to store
the PostgreSQL db files on a CFS system, but I'm worried that this
might have serious performance penalties.  Any other options I should
look into?

Thanks,

This message was my two cents worth.  Please deposit two cents into my
e-gold account by following this link:
http://rootworks.com/twocentsworth.cgi?102861
275A B627 1826 D627 ED35  B8DF 7DDE 4428 0F5C 4454