Re: libpgtcl.so missing from pgaccess on FreeBSD4.0? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Mercer
Subject Re: libpgtcl.so missing from pgaccess on FreeBSD4.0?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 10:41:43AM -0000, lampe@durawebs.com wrote:
> How do you locate/create the "libpgtcl.so" in order to run pgaccess under
> FreeBSD 4.0 - As far as I can tell, it does not appear to be part of the
> pgaccess distribution located under /contrib. This is called by main.tcl as
> a required shared library. Thanks.

i just did this under FreeBSD 4.0 and pgsql-6.5.3 (although i suspect that
pgsql-7.x is probably the same).

you need to install tcl and tk

[ the following is specific to using freebsd ports/tcl83/tk83 ]

you then need to add the following to your ./configure run:

        --with-tcl \
        --with-tclconfig=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.3 \
        --with-tkconfig=/usr/local/lib/tk8.3 \
        --with-includes=/usr/local/include/tcl8.3:/usr/local/include/tk8.3 \

now, for some reason, the --with-includes did not work as expected.

i modified src/interfaces/libpgtcl/Makefile to do a:
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/tcl8.3
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/tk8.3

this will allow the build of libpgtcl to finish without errors.

since i had a running 6.5.3 system, i didn't want to do a whole gmake install,
so i did:
$ cd src/interfaces/libpgtcl
$ gmake install
$ cd src/bin/pgaccess
$ gmake install

i did have to edit ~pgsql/pgaccess/main.tcl so that it used "wish8.3" as
opposed to "wish", since the freebsd ports collection installs a shell
script as /usr/local/bin/wish and that shell script basically says to hard
code which version of wish you want (since sometimes you have multiple
versions).

once this was done (and an ldconfig to rehash the shared libraries in
~pgsql/lib) pgaccess worked fine.

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]