Re: NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE
Date
List pgsql-patches
Applied.  I had a little trouble getting the patch to apply cleanly.
Seems some code has moved, and the patch actually put it in the wrong
place in two cases.  The context wasn't large enough.   I think I got
them all in the right place.

Thanks.

>  Hi,
>
>  I have large database and with this DB work more users and I very need
> more restriction for fretful users. The current PG allow define only
> NO-CREATE-DB and NO-CREATE-USER restriction, but for some users I need
> NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE.
>
> This patch add to current code NOCREATETABLE and NOLOCKTABLE feature:
>
> CREATE USER username
>     [ WITH
>      [ SYSID uid ]
>      [ PASSWORD 'password' ] ]
>     [ CREATEDB   | NOCREATEDB ] [ CREATEUSER | NOCREATEUSER ]
> ->  [ CREATETABLE | NOCREATETABLE ] [ LOCKTABLE | NOLOCKTABLE ]
>     ...etc.
>
>  If CREATETABLE or LOCKTABLE is not specific in CREATE USER command,
> as default is set CREATETABLE or LOCKTABLE (true).
>
>  A user with NOCREATETABLE restriction can't call CREATE TABLE or
> SELECT INTO commands, only create temp table is allow for him.
>
>  It is interesting for PG?
>

>                         Karel
>
> PS. When will take out from freezer current 7.0?
[ application/x-gzip is not supported, skipping... ]