Look at heap_beginscan() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Look at heap_beginscan()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just do a search for heap_beginscan() and look at all those system table
heap scans.  Clearly, for large installations, we should be doing index
scans.

Seems like we should consider identifying all of the needed system
indexes.  I can add all indexes at one time, and people can go around
and modify heap scans to index scans with heap_fetches of the tid if
required.

Comments?

Pennsylvania19026