Re: cvs help with logs] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: cvs help with logs]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, 29 May 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Is there a way in CVS to see only the logs of files in a certain branch?
>
> assuming that this is what you mean ... from 'info cvs':
>
> `-rREVISIONS'
>      Print information about revisions given in the comma-separated
>      list REVISIONS of revisions and ranges.  The following table
>      explains the available range formats:
>
>     `REV1:REV2'
>           Revisions REV1 to REV2 (which must be on the same branch).
>
>     `:REV'
>           Revisions from the beginning of the branch up to and
>           including REV.
>
>     `REV:'
>           Revisions starting with REV to the end of the branch
>           containing REV.
>
>     `BRANCH'
>           An argument that is a branch means all revisions on that
>           branch.
>
>     `BRANCH1:BRANCH2'
>           A range of branches means all revisions on the branches in

I have tried:
cvs log -d '>2000-05-08 00:00:00 GMT' -r REL7_0_PATCHES . >log

but that give all files in all branches.  If I do:
cvs log -d '>2000-05-08 00:00:00 GMT' -rREL7_0_PATCHES . >/bjm/log

with no space after -r, I get only a few changes in the log, with
messages like:
cvs server: warning: no revision `REL7_0_PATCHES'
in`/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/pgsql/src/include/parser/Attic/catalog_utils.h,v'

I am stumped.

Pennsylvania19026