Solaris 2.6 problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Solaris 2.6 problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I have encountered a really strange problem with PostgreSQL 7.0 on
Solaris 2.6/Sparc. The problem is that createdb command or create
database SQL always fails. Inspecting the output of truss shows that
system() call in createdb() (commands/dbcomand.c) fails because
waitid() system call in system() returns error no. 10 (ECHILD).

This problem was not in 6.5.3, so I checked the source of it. The
reason why 6.5.3's createdb worked was that it just ignored the return
code of system()!

It seems that we need to ignore an error from system() if the error is
ECHILD on Solaris.

Any idea?

BTW, I have compiled PostgreSQL with egcs 2.95 with/without
optimization.
--
Tatsuo Ishii