yowch: dumpRules(): SELECT failed for table website. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject yowch: dumpRules(): SELECT failed for table website.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
while doing a pg_dump of a table after postgresql made a mess of itself:

dumpRules(): SELECT failed for table website.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  cache lookup of attribute 1 in
relation9892634 failed

'.

Guys, there has to be a simple command to fix a corrupted database.

I'm really killing myself over here trying to mix REINDEX, VACUUM
along with creating temp tables and reinserting the data which gives me:

dumpRules(): SELECT failed for table webmaster.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  cache lookup of attribute 2 in
relation9892495 failed

'.

:(

Yup, we're still willing to pay for support.

The database isn't even active but seems to be corrupting itself just
by running these administrative commands.

Would anyone like access to the box?  I'm currently recompiling a what
I hope is 7.0.1 to give it a shot.

thanks,