Re: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server)) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias Urlichs
Subject Re: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server))
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Hannu Krosing:
> And now there is a response to your response stating the following

That response is from me, actually. (I subscribed to -hackers two hours
ago, so I'm sorry if I missed anything.)

> > That being said, the standard MySQL benchmark _still_ is 30 times
> > faster for MySQL 3.23 than on PostgreSQL 7.0 (with fsync turned off,
> > _and_ nonstandard speed-up PostgreSQL features like VACUUM enabled,
>
> btw, how does one "enable" vacuum ?

run-all-tests ... --fast.

The code has stuff like
  $server->vacuum(1,\$dbh) if $opt_fast and defined $server->{vacuum};

sprinkled at strategic places.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.       |        http://smurf.noris.de/