Foreign keys and access privileges - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From mkresse@slyde.in-berlin.de
Subject Foreign keys and access privileges
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi there,

Before upgrading to postgres 7.0 RC1, I was using a database like
the following, which worked just fine for me, except for the missing
referential integrity.

create table users(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, name VARCHAR);
create view curuser as select * from users where name =
USER::varchar;
grant all on curuser to public;
create table choice(userid INTEGER REFERENCES users, data
INTEGER);
grant all on choice to public;

Now, with Postgres 7.0 RC1, when some user (not the owner of the
db, of course) tries to update, change or insert anything into
choice, he gets an error message that says 'Permission denied' for
table users.
Is there a way to implement something like this, wthout a 'grant all
on users to public'?
Is it possible at all to let people change tables, that reference
other, non accessable tables?

Quick help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,Martin