Pgsql core contract? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Pgsql core contract?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
We're finding that Postgresql is definetly cool, however our current
project requires improvements and additional functionality in the
core Postgresql engine, it also requires that I learn more about
the Postgresql core.

We need things like optimizing EXCEPT and a fastpath for
INSERT-if-not-present-else-UPDATE.

Since I also need at least a basic understanding of how the feature
was implemented I think we could also get started on something like
a Postgresql-hacker-howto.

All work on the Postgresql engine would be immediately contributed
back to the project.

I already have authorization to fund the work, if anyone with the
time and ability to work on such features could privately send me
a quote of how much time they can afford and the amount of compensation
they would need I can get things started over here.

Of course we'd like your undivided attention to our project, however
we've been able to work out successful part time telecommuting
contracts in the past which may be preferable.

Even if a current project is taking up all your time, a quote of
when you would have some time available for such work could get
the ball rolling over here for us to sponsor some Postgresql
development.

I also realize the new Landmark.com support stuff is coming soon,
does anyone have a contact there that may be able to hook us up
with someone who can work on the Postgresql core as described above?

thanks,