Re: Re: [DOCS] looking for doc for ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Re: [DOCS] looking for doc for ecpg
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 05:33:21AM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > As i am a newbie, excuse me if this is not the right place to post this...
> > I would like to find a documentation for ecpg, the preprocessor for C

The language is embedded SQL in C. There are other docs about this for
instance from Oracle.

> > langage. I am especially interrested in error message,and in more particular
> > the message :
> > "FOR UPDATE is not allowed in this CONTEXT"

It means that you cannot define a cursor as FOR UPDATE when using constructs
like UNION,INTERSECT oder EXCEPT. BTW the backend would refuse to accept
this statement as well.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!