Re: So we're in agreement.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sverre H. Huseby
Subject Re: So we're in agreement....
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[Vince Vielhaber]

|   Works for me.

Ok, here's the source.  Please note the following:

* You should change the typedefs in md5.c.  I guess the PostgreSQL
  source has types that are correct for various platforms.  I've run
  this on Linux (x86) only.

* I use the Artistic License.  Feel free to replace it with the
  license used in the rest of PostgreSQL.

* I tested my implementation (or rather, the translation to C) by
  generating MD5 sums for all files in my /usr/local/bin, and
  comparing the sums with those generated by GNU's md5sum program.
  You may want to do further tests.

* Although I've written tens of thousands of lines of C code in
  the past, it is almost three years since the last time I did.  Java
  programming has made me rather relaxed when it comes to memory
  handling, so you should look for pointer problems and failure to
  free allocated memory.  :-)

* Salting is left to the caller.  You will probably want to build
  convenience functions on top of md5_hash.

I really hope you will find the code useful, as it is my secret wish
to contribute to PostgreSQL.  :-)

Please keep me informed on what you do with the code, even if you
choose to throw it in /dev/null.

Sverre.

--
<URL:mailto:sverrehu@online.no>