Re: NOTICE: BeginTransactionBlock and not in default - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: NOTICE: BeginTransactionBlock and not in default
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 07:15:14PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I could open database connection in the parent process and
> > pass it on to all the children.
>
> Wrong ... you'll have to make each child open its own connection.
> There's no provision in the backend for dealing with concurrent
> queries coming through the same socket.  I'm surprised it didn't
> crash even more spectacularly than you describe...

That's because the queries didn't make it to the backend at all. libecpg
does not know which connection to send the query to and thus gives this
error message.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!