Re: #include oddity in v7.0b3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: #include oddity in v7.0b3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Didier Verna wrote:

  >[ Cc'ed to the XEmacs development list and the postgres debian package
  >  maintainer ]
  >
  >                Hi!
  >
  >        After upgrading my debian system (woody), the postgres package went
  >from 6.5 to 7.0b3. On debian linux boxes, the postgres headers are located
  >under /usr/include/postgresql/.
  >
  >        The file `libpq-fe.h' #include's the file `postgres_ext.h' using <>
  >instead of "" (line 27). As a consequence, applications that just do:
  >
  >| #include <full/path/to/libpq-fe.h>
  >
  >can't build anymore because the file `postgres_ext.h' is not in the path. Th
      >is
  >happens to be the case for XEmacs. I believe this is a bug because:
  >
  >1/ this didn't happen with my former version 6.5
  >2/ the usage of <> or "" doesn't seem to be coherent among the headers
  >3/ it's better to use "" when headers installed in the same place have to
  >   include each others

The Debian documentation used to include a statement that
`-I/usr/include/postgresql' should be included in the compilation options.
That seems to have got lost.

     "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his
      righteousness; and all these things shall be added
      unto you."     Matthew 6:33