Re: [GENERAL] FOREIGN KEY syntax - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [GENERAL] FOREIGN KEY syntax
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrzej Mazurkiewicz wrote:
  >> And what is MATCH FULL?
  >    [Andrzej Mazurkiewicz] I would not like to speculate perhaps
  >somebody else knows exact answer.

MATCH FULL:
  Either all referencing columns must be null, or all must have values.

MATCH PARTIAL:
  "if any columns are non-null, there must be at least one row in the
   referenced table that could satisfy the constraint if the other null
   values were correctly substituted."
                           (The SQL Standard Handbook, Cannan & Otten)
     "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one
      another, even as I have loved you."
                                        John 13:34