Re: [GENERAL] scheduling table design - Mailing list pgsql-general

From omid omoomi
Subject Re: [GENERAL] scheduling table design
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
It seems that it is a kind of DSS (Decision Support System). Having in mind
what Ed Loher told about the data model techniqus and different ERD, DFD or
flow charts, In my opinion you should first set the goals. I mean your
project may contain two parts. First part contains tables  and the data
inside them. The second part is a rule base system which is perhaps a kind
of mathematical modelling technique used to optimize the scheduling problem
due to the goals.So I think It would be better if you first try to define
the exact real word problem , setting the goals, choosing the right math
model and then starting to design the data model.
There is a broad branch of apply mathematics called OR ( Operation Reseach )
talking about differnt math modelling techniques and associated computer
softwares.
HTH
Omid Omoomi.