Re: [INTERFACES] libpq patch for binding tuples in a result set to user allocated memory - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] libpq patch for binding tuples in a result set to user allocated memory
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 10:57:03AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > "libpq" like API's buffers to my memory locations) in my days working
> > with ODBC, Oracle & SQLServer's C-API, i created the following patch
> > which i thought i'd submit. I've included a README as well.

Something like that is possible with ECPG. Just give use an arraypointer as
variable and set it to NULL. After fetching the date it contains the data,
the memory is allocated by libecpg. Not exactly what you are talking about
but similar.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!