JDBC primary keys - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Alex Verstak
Subject JDBC primary keys
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Is there a way to determine all primary key columns in a given table?  Example:  CREATE TABLE foo (   bar1 int4,
bar2text,   bar3 float8,   CONSTRAINT foo_pk PRIMARY KEY ( bar1, bar2 ) )  I want to obtain `bar1' and `bar2' given
tablename `foo'.  DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys looks like the right function to use, but it returns `foo_pk' in
COLUMN_NAMEfor all rows.  Am I misinterpreting the JDBC specs?  What SELECT query should I use to get the primary key
columns?

--
Drive^H^Hnk safely!
Alex Verstak                        averstak@vt.edu