coming ColdFusion support for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject coming ColdFusion support for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
This is probably somewhat off topic, but all the people who need to
know about this read this list, so, if you'll forgive me:

Background:
The project I'm working on is using ColdFusion as it's middleware,
accessing a PostgreSQL backend. To date, we've had to run on NT, using
ODBC to the DB on a separate box.  Allaire is in the process of releasing
a real live Linux version of their software (a native port, this time)
which I've been beta testing. I was pleased to discover that the unixODBC
driver worked (although I had to hand configure it into ColdFusion.)

Current news:
I just pulled the latest beta, and low and behold, it's checking to see
if PostgreSQL is installed, in order to install examples! It missed on my
box, since I run a Debian install, not the RedHat it's expecting, but
they're on the right track. Yep, the pgsql datasources are configurable
from within the CF adminstrator pages: excellent!

This _will_ lead to more commercial type users, I can guarantee.
Especially since the examples will be there. Lamar, we should make sure
that they detect the RPM install correctly, so that the examples just
work, right out of the box. I can image a lot of "throw together a demo,
using a DB backend, oh, here's PostgreSQL, I can use that" systems ending
up in production, since it'll just keep working.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer