Re: [GENERAL] Linking in sin() as a C function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mathprof@bigfoot.com
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Linking in sin() as a C function
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks! Based on this, I created a file called "test.c" as follows:

#include <math.h>
float pg_sin(float *x) {return(sin(*x));}

and compiled it using: "gcc test.c -lm -shared" to create a shared object
file. I then tried the same steps as below (substituting
"/usr/lib/libm.so" with the path to my "a.out" file created by gcc), but
this still didn't work? I'm getting different wrong values, but they're
still wrong nonetheless?