Re: pg_dump possible fix, need testers. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: pg_dump possible fix, need testers.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 10:02:56PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> I really hope the originator of the problem report will get back to
> us to make sure it's settled.
>
> *poking Patrick Welche*
>
> :)

Morning all!

Things are still not so good for me. The pg_dumpall > file, psql < file did
work, but later:

newnham=> select * from crsids,"tblPerson" where
newnham-> crsids.crsid != "tblPerson"."CRSID";
Backend sent B message without prior T
D21Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.

which smells like a similar problem. (Note that this is a join. Straight
selects didn't cause problems)

While running that query, I ran the regression tests, so the ERRORs in the
log are OK, but just in case, here are the last two lines before the above
message:

postmaster: dumpstatus:       sock 5

After typing \. at the prompt

Unknown protocol character 'M' read from backend.  (The protocol character
is the first character the backend sends in response to a query it
receives).
PQendcopy: resetting connection
Asynchronous NOTIFY 'ndropoulou' from backend with pid '1818589281'
received.
Asynchronous NOTIFY 'ndropoulou' from backend with pid '1818589281'
received.

and in the log:

pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
FATAL: pq_endmessage failed: errno=32
pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe

"ndropoulou" is an incomplete piece of select * data.

(New also, though probably unrelated: the sanity check fails with number of
index tuples exactly half number in heap - not equal)

For any more info, just ask!

Cheers,

Patrick