Cannot Dump the Database. This is a pg_dump (or backend bug) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From dLux
Subject Cannot Dump the Database. This is a pg_dump (or backend bug)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name  : dLux
Your email address : dlux@dlux.hu

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)  : Intel Pentium II 450

  Operating  System (example:  Linux 2.0.26  ELF)  :  Linux 2.2.5  ELF
  (Redhat)

  PostgreSQL version  (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.3):  PostgreSQL-6.5.2 &
  6.5.3

  Compiler  used  (example:  gcc 2.8.0)  :  gcc  version  egcs-2.91.66
  19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

There was some  kind of corruption, and after that I  cannot backup my
system. pg_dump crashes with this error:

PQgetvalue: ERROR! tuple number 0 is out of range 0..-1
zsh: segmentation fault pg_dump -t users dbname

Any kind of dump got segfault.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

I don't  know how it can  be repeated, but  I can send the  strace log
of the running of the problem, it may help solving this.
I have tried  to do queries which  are in the straced  code, all works
fine, and return result without any warning and segfault of psql.

If  you know  how  this  problem might  be  fixed,  list the  solution
below:

I have no clue :(

dLux
--