Re: [SQL] query to do a backward 'skip' ...thanks, it's working. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Albert Loo
Subject Re: [SQL] query to do a backward 'skip' ...thanks, it's working.
Date
List pgsql-sql
hi,

Thanks Tom Lane, Alain Tesio and Hiroshi Inoue for the advise and patch.
I've downloaded the latest snapshot with backward scan optimized (that's ok
as I'm still testing). I'm still thinking (xbase) a lot of go top, go
bottom, skip..skip... :)

>>=> select * from mytable where id < '12345' order by id desc limit 1;

>>- which returned the correct result '12344', but without optimization.

>6.5.* doesn't know how to do that using an index (but 7.0 will).

Albert