Re: [GENERAL] Memory leak in FreeBSD? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Memory leak in FreeBSD?
Date
List pgsql-general
* Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann@verio.net> [000111 11:37] wrote:

> [...]

Saying it's a memory leak without describing any other sort of symptoms is
not a very useful bug report.  Twiddling maxusers should have _no_ effect
on whether an application leaks memory or not.

So how about you explain the symptoms of the 'leak' (kernel messages,
top, systat -vmstat) and what exactly you mean by it.  Does the postmaster
gradually increase in memory size until the machine starts swapping?  If
not, then it's probably _not_ a memory leak.

thanks,
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]