Dirty workaround to get the results and the errors in the same output file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alain TESIO
Subject Dirty workaround to get the results and the errors in the same output file
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Maybe you've experienced this problem too : when you have a huge
script with an error somewhere, it's a pain to find out what
line produced the error as you can't have the output of psql
with the queries and the error message in the same file.
I've tried psql ... 1>out 2>out, you the source queries at the
top of the file, and the messages from psql at the bottom.
Here's the trick which worked for me : replace stdout with
stderr in psql.c, and compile again psql. When you got an error,
the message is now just after the offending query.

Alain